Sean Dodge, PsyD | Licensed Psychologist, Bend OR
“Providing effective, values-focused therapy and assessments for adolescents and adults in Bend.”
Does this sound familiar?
- Are the pains of depression, anxiety, or your past preventing you or your teenager’s ability to live a fulfilling life?
- Are you or your teenager constantly feeling overwhelmed?
- Struggling to find a sense of purpose and meaning in life?
- Find yourself spending more time longing for the life you want than actually living it?
Take your first step today.
I can help....
- Adolescents and adults break free from the pains and patterns that lead to feeling stuck.
- Rediscover and embrace the things the help us have a sense of purpose and meaning.
- Find the freedom and flexibility needed to be the person you have always wanted to be.
What can you expect?
- A supportive and collaborative style that cultivates understanding, openness, and opportunity.
- An open-minded clinician who will work for you to identify, express, and overcome whatever known and hidden life barriers are currently in the way.
- An action-oriented approach focused on helping you take the steps needed for living life richly and fully as soon as possible.
I love my job. My work allows me to meet and get to know so many wonderful people on a deep and personal level. These therapeutic relationships are truly special to me and I hold them in the highest regard. For many of us it is hard to show up and ask for help. It can be hard to admit when we are struggling, when we are unsure, and when we in pain. It is a tremendously courageous step to reach out and be willing to share your private inner thoughts, feelings, fears, and regrets. I aim to always honor the courage it takes to reach out and will work to continuously earn the trust that my clients place with me when they arrive for help.
The treatment I provide is called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). As the name implies, ACT is an active treatment for helping us get untangled from our sources of internal pain and refocused on doing the things that make life feel worth living. ACT is a great treatment for those who find themselves returning to the same old, unsatisfying patterns and for those who are craving a greater sense of meaning and purpose in life. ACT is meant to be a short-term therapy that can help you reconnect with the person you want to be for yourself, in your relationships, at work, and at play.