Ben Heifetz, LPC Licensed Professional Counselor
Does this sound familiar?
- Are you feeling stuck in your life or relationships?
- Depression got you down, or anxiety got your mind racing?
- Wondering why you can’t stop procrastinating?
Take your first step today.
I can help.
We all struggle from time to time, and you don’t have to face things alone.
I believe that healing and personal growth are best cultivated in the context of a warm, caring relationship. That’s where I come in—by giving you a safe space to land and the freedom to really be yourself. I see my role as being like a coach or a guide; you bring your unique talents, perspective, and wisdom, and I provide a process and tools to help you leverage your own abilities. Together we will explore different perspectives, and new ways of thinking and behaving. I believe we all have the innate ability to transform ourselves and conquer our problems, so long as we are provided with appropriate support and build up a set of tools or skills to help us through life’s challenges.
What can you expect?
I take a strengths based approach where many of our problems can be seen as adaptations, or ineffective ways we tried to cope with stress; these strategies often work well for a while but then fail or cause bigger problems long term. I can help you with new strategies for getting unstuck and healthier ways to cope with stress. While we must be accountable for ourselves, this perspective can help to remove some of the negativity, blame, and shame that builds up over time, and make space instead for self-acceptance and self-esteem.
I work with people on broad range of topics including but not limited to:
- Adults, teenagers, couples, and families
- Relationships and communication
- Peak Performance—for athletes, musicians, artists, writers, actors, performers, or anyone wanting to optimize their mental game in order to do better in their field.
- Mindfulness, meditation, and DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy)
- Yoga and body-based approaches to healing
- Depression and anxiety
- Gifted children and adults
- Trauma and PTSD
- Finding purpose, meaning, and direction in life or career
- Wellness and stress reduction
- LGBTQ concerns
- Issues related to sexuality, including BDSM and kink
- Non-traditional relationships (e.g. polyamory and ethical non-monogamy)
- Spirituality and spiritual growth
- Life Transitions
- Grief and loss
Ben’s professional experience encompasses multiple fields outside of psychology, including teaching and performance of music, yoga, and circus acrobatics. Ben takes particular pleasure in helping other artists and creative types achieve their highest potential in their field. In addition to a Master’s degree in Couples and Family Therapy from the University of Oregon, Ben also holds a Master of Music in Piano Performance and Pedagogy from Arizona State University. He has completed multiple advanced trainings in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).