The McKenzie River Men's Center, in conjunction with the Center for Community Counseling, is starting the MRMC's first men's group next week.
See the description of this group below. Dr. Davies is a longtime friend of Vista, and has been instrumental in Men's Issues locally and nationally.
Men’s Group: Men in Transition
Offered by: McKenzie River Men’s Center & Center for Community Counseling
: The only certainty in life is change. The purpose of this group is to help men cope with and thrive during our life changes and transitions.
Jon Davies, Ph.D.
: Sliding scale $5.00-$10.00 a session.
Meeting day and time:
Monday or Thursday, 5:30 to 7:00
: Week of April 29
Ending week of June 10
: 7-9 men
: Brief Presentation/Group exercise on a topic followed by discussion
Themes of the day for each week:
- Common issues men face.
- How being a man affects our lives. Relationships. Emotional expression.
- Understanding how we see ourselves as human beings and as men.
- What kind of a human being and man do we want to be in the future?
- What does our society/culture need from men?
- Setting goals to become the person/ we want to be
- Recognizing and overcoming barriers to reaching our goals.
- Maintaining momentum: what do we need to continue to make progress?
Relaxation/ centering exercise, Check out
Interested in attending? Contact Jon Davies for a group screen to learn more about the group and to see if it is a good fit for you.
For information contact:
Jon Davies,PhD Director
McKenzie River Men's Center
(A Center for Community Counseling sponsored organization)