Ask a Couples Therapist: What are the three top problems that couples have that lead them to therapy?
- Communication has become negative and/or ineffective
- It feels like the couple is fulfilling the role of roommates rather than spouses
- One or both partners are considering infidelity, or an infidelity has occurred
What are the top three goals or resolutions that couples want?
- To be able to communicate more effectively and resolve conflicts faster and easier
- Get that "spark" back; become friends again
- Identify future-focused goals to maintain the positive and healthy relationship they both desire