1. Make plans that you can look forward to. Dedicate time for enjoyable activities. Occasionally treat yourself to something special.
2. Celebrate your achievements. Recognize and allow time to feel good about your accomplishments, personal milestones, and contributions.
3. Be protective of your time. Make conscious choices about commitments – make room for those you find meaningful or enjoyable; decline or minimize those that do not reflect your personal priorities or values.
4. Soothe yourself. When you feel overwhelmed or stressed, find comfort in favorite places and activities.
5. Reach out. Ask important people in your life for support. Allow others to help you. Tell them what you need.