Does this sound familiar?
- Are you having trouble connecting with those close to you?
- Are you finding it challenging to feel understood or valued?
- Are you hoping to increase your intimacy and sense of togetherness with your partner, family, or friends?
I can help.
- I provide emotionally-focused support for couples, families, and adult individuals. My humor, patience, experience, and insight will help you to identify new plotlines in your story, reaffirm your sense of purpose, and strengthen bonds between you and your loved ones.
- I help couples and clients in monogamous and polyamorous relationships improve their communication and increase intimacy. I also love working with families to support parents through challenging life transitions.
- For the first twenty years of my career, I was a creative writing professor at universities across the West. Helping students find their voices and tell their stories was a profound privilege that I continue to learn from. After earning a doctorate in English, I retrained as a marriage and family therapist to pursue my long-held goal of working as a therapist.
- My two decades of experience working with young adults as a teacher and advisor have provided me with rich insight into the unique and varied ways that people show up in the world. Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, I have lived in Chicago, Tucson, and Denver, and I’ve worked abroad in Turkey, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Ireland, and South Africa–all of which give me a rich appreciation for working with people from a range of cultural backgrounds.
What can you expect?
- A strengths-based approach, where we’ll work together to identify new storylines and help to manage anxiety, depression, and lack of connection.
- You will develop a greater capacity to respond to life’s challenges with increased adaptability and flexibility.
- A warm, engaged presence where we’ll begin to address the hurdles you’re facing with compassion, insight, and humor.
- My role as your therapist is to help you remove obstacles to growth and cultivate your strengths in order to realize the life that you hope to live.
- I work with a range of clients, including couples, poly relationships, families, and adult individuals. As a systemic therapist, my clinical approach integrates emotionally focused therapy (EFT) with narrative and experiential therapies. For each client, I work hard to develop a unique method of collaborative therapy customized to fit your needs.