Does this sound familiar?
- Are you experiencing relationship issues such as trouble communicating, setting healthy boundaries, trust, or intimacy?
- Exploring or questioning your sexual or gender identity?
- Dealing with major life changes, chronic illness, or experiencing issues related to past trauma?
I Can Help.
- Couples or individuals struggling with issues in their romantic or interpersonal relationships. I will help you identify and work through troubled areas with guided exploration and tangible skills.
- Create a safe space for adults and young adults to explore sexual and gender identity issues with positive and affirming care.
- Provide evidenced-based effective coping strategies to deal with life transitions, live with chronic illness, and manage issues related to trauma.
What can you expect?
- A warm, safe, and judgment-free space to explore your thoughts and feelings.
- A grounded collaborative approach utilizing evidenced based practices, (and a little humor) to help you identify your strengths and reach your therapeutic goals.
- The opportunity to make positive changes in your daily life, and to grow and strengthen your relationships.
A little about me…I am a huge animal lover and spend some of my free time working in animal rescue. Occasionally, you may see one of my three fur babies, my Corgi Penny, or one of my two cats, Buddy and Jessie. I have lived abroad and in many places across the United States yet I am always drawn back to the Pacific Northwest. I enjoy learning about other cultures, gaining new perspectives, and I am always ready for the next adventure to experience new things. Personally, I have struggled through illness and adversity which gives me a unique philosophy towards my work with clients. I believe that while trauma can cultivate pain and a skewed way of being in the world, it can also cultivate unique strengths and knowledge that forge us into capable and resilient individuals formed with grit and tenacity. I believe in the enduring resiliency of the human spirit and that we can accomplish great things despite the stories we come from. I strongly believe that building a strong therapeutic relationship is the cornerstone of success in achieving your wellness goals; and I pride myself on providing a warm environment where you feel heard, understood, safe, and free of judgment. Therapy can sometimes be heavy work, so I like to incorporate humor and lightness when appropriate. You will find me to be a very down-to-earth therapist that thoroughly enjoys helping people.
I believe in a holistic approach to mental health. Integrating and nurturing the mind, body, and spirit are essential aspects of overall health and wellness. Together, we will work to identify your goals and natural strengths that will be pivotal in helping you achieve balance and peace in your life. I utilize a collaborative approach to therapy and tailor the experience to fit my individual client’s needs. I integrate a person-centered, psychoanalytic approach to therapy with evidenced-based behavioral techniques including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. I have had extended training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy through the Portland DBT Institute.
I enjoy working with young adults and adults who are struggling with a number of issues, including, but not limited to: major life changes and transitions, couples counseling and relationship issues, PTSD, trauma, anxiety, depression, chronic illness, and exploring gender and sexuality.