We are not currently accepting applications for this position
Vista Counseling & Consultation, Inc. is looking for an advanced doctoral student to fill a part-time unpaid psychometrician / practicum position working with children and adults under the supervision of Ryan Scott, Ph.D., for referrals regarding ADHD/Learning Disability and Developmental Disabilities.
Primary responsibilities include administering and scoring standardized tests, comprehensive report writing, client observation, and assisting with client interviews. Doctoral students will gain experience writing a minimum of one comprehensive report per week. The expectation for availability is 8-12 hours a week.
With children and adults, administer and score the following tests:
· Cognitive (WAIS-IV, WISC-V, WPPSI-III, CPT2)
· Academic (WIAT-III, Nelson-Denny)
· Adaptive (ABAS-II, SIB-R)
· Personality (MMPI2-R-F, PAI)
· Additional testing as indicated (BBHI, PSI)
· Doctoral student in good standing in Counseling, Clinical, or School Psychology.
· Coursework in intellectual and personality assessment.
· At least one year of practicum experience with adults and/or children.
· Works well independently and seeks supervision promptly for clinical questions.
· Attention to detail and prompt record keeping.
· Working knowledge of DSM diagnoses
· Twelve month commitment
· Doctoral student interested in a career in private practice.
· Previous experience administering standardized tests, esp. cognitive testing.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Ryan Scott, Ph.D., by email at email@example.com
Vista is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.