Child And Family
Helping Children and Families
Does this sound familiar?
- Having a hard time getting your kid to listen and follow directions?
- Not sure how to give good consequences that work?
- Always getting into power struggles?
- Struggling to see eye-to-eye with your children or teenager?
- Spending more time feeling like a rule-enforcer than a supportive parent?
- Does your child seem sad or down, and you don’t know what to do?
- Worried about what is happening with your child, and they won’t talk to you?
- Are you having difficulty in knowing what to do about recent changes in the family?
Take your first step today
Call (541) 517-9733 Text (541) 525-0023 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We Can Help
- Learn proven strategies to get past fighting and move towards mutual goals.
- Have more fun and enjoyment being a parent.
- Spend more time doing what’s truly important to you as a parent.
- Develop active listening skills.
- Reconnect with your child.
- Build healthy family routines.
- Increase your confidence as a parent.
Want to know more?
Vista helps parents mindfully establish strong and healthy relationships with their children. Research demonstrates that daily parent-child interactions are a powerful predictor of a child’s future well-being. Vista therapists help parents support positive behavior, set healthy limits, and create better patterns of interaction. We strive to find creative ways to connect with the child on their level while engaging the parent’s support.
Our therapists understand the real-life complications of parenting. We work with you to apply parenting strategies that fit your circumstances. We strive to have a flexible, collaborative approach to working with children and their parents, looking for the strengths in the child and the family while developing a plan of action to improve the child’s experience.
Vista takes a family centered and behavioral approach to treatment. This means that when we work individually with children we also communicate regularly with parents. Vista therapists take a developmental perspective that is grounded in child and family observational research. We recognize and build upon existing child and family strengths to address areas of needed change.
Vista therapists are here to address a range of parenting concerns including:
- Identifying developmentally appropriate expectations
- Improving the child-parent relationship
- Understanding and changing problematic patterns of interaction at home, with peers, and in school
- Decreasing conflict between siblings
- Increasing positive child behavior at home, in school, and with their peers
- Developing plans of homework completion that work
- Creating smoother morning and nighttime routines
- Establishing better lines of communication between home and school
- Navigating major developmental transitions
- Increasing emotion regulation and communication skills
- Consulting regarding school issues
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Developmental Disability