Jordan Karr, PhD
Does this sound familiar?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by stress, worry, sadness, or self-criticism?
- Are you looking for support parenting your child or teen with anxiety, ADHD, and/or challenging behaviors?
- Are you or your child struggling with obsessive thoughts, compulsions, skin picking, or hair pulling?
I Can Help.
- I provide a compassionate and trauma-informed approach. I create a comfortable and safe atmosphere by prioritizing my clients’ values and honoring their backgrounds.
- I support clients in learning proven strategies for managing difficult feelings. I have a strong sense of humor that will help us connect along the way.
- I help parents work proactively and collaboratively with youth to avoid power struggles.
- I am a licensed psychologist but I also have a background in education. I earned my PhD from UC Berkeley with a specialization in school psychology. I have a unique understanding of how mental health impacts an individual’s experience at school and I know how important it is for youth to feel successful while they are there.
What can you expect?
- A strength-based approach, where we celebrate your unique interests, gifts, and assets.
- You will develop a greater capacity to respond to stress with self-compassion and flexibility.
- Together, we will build a toolbox of strategies for supporting your child with difficult emotions and challenging behaviors.
- I work with a wide range of clients, including youth, parents, and individual adults. My clinical approach draws on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Collaborative Problem Solving, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).