Moving Past Depression and Sadness
Does this sound familiar?
- Feeling hopeless and stuck?
- Always tired?
- So down that you can’t seem to get back up?
- Sad all the time, even when you “shouldn’t be”?
We Can Help
- What’s more important to you? Managing your depression, or living life to the fullest?
- Move past difficult feelings to focus on what truly matters to you.
- Stop wasting time focusing on difficult thoughts, depressing feelings, and self-defeating patterns.
- Make choices based on what you want to do in your life, not based on feelings you want to avoid.
Typical symptoms of depression include :
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain (PsychCentral)
All of us feel sad or lonely at times. It’s a normal reaction to life events like the death of a loved one, a breakup or getting fired from our job. But sometimes it can feel like more than that, particularly when it’s persistent and it affects our relationships and our physical health.
Our therapists at Vista specialize in evidence-based treatments for depression. Together, we can help you heal from depression so that so that you can lead a fuller, richer life.