Working together with individuals and families to achieve positive changes in their lives.
Michele Markstrom, LMFT
Does this sound familiar?
- Having a hard time enjoying your life?
- Getting stuck on difficult thoughts and feelings?
- If you are a parent, need help dealing with your child’s challenging behaviors?
I Can Help
- My clients learn simple, effective techniques that can improve how you think and feel.
- The parents I have helped over the years learn practical strategies that have increased their confidence and effectiveness.
What can you expect?
- When you make positive changes in how you think and feel, the quality of your life improves.
- When you increase your effectiveness as a parent, your family can have a more positive experience together.
It is important to me to create a safe environment for my clients to talk about their concerns and find solutions that will help them move forward in life.My therapeutic style is pragmatic and compassionate. I offer practical solutions, with a strengths based, positive approach. I work collaboratively with individuals and families by identifying and supporting positive changes. I can help with attention deficit problems as well as depression, anxiety and other concerns that effect quality of life.
When working with families, my focus is on helping parents gain new strategies that will increase cooperation and improve relationships with their children. Some of the issues I can help with are improving communication, and increasing effectiveness through structure, routine, limits, directions. The most important factor in improving effectiveness is learning ways to support your child’s positive behavior.
I have been working with people in our community for more than 20 years and have been a Marriage and Family Therapist since 2001. Over the years, I have received extensive training from research-based programs about how to empower parents and improve parent/child interactions.