Does this sound familiar?
- Do you or your child/teen have difficulty handling current anxiety/stressors, or difficulty moving forward from past trauma?
- Do you or your child/teen find it challenging to understand or manage your own emotional responses?
- Are you or your child/teen struggling in your interpersonal relationships?
I can help.
- I believe there is no “one size fits all” therapeutic approach and I will work with you to create a unique and tailored experience for your life circumstances at your own pace. I also believe that we are not defined by our diagnoses or labels and I commit to working with you as a holistic individual and/or family.
- I approach each individual and family with curiosity and humility. Therapy sessions with me are a place to explore and disrupt the patterns that may exist in our lives, such as those of attachment styles, generational trauma, and/or internalized oppression related to race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, or other designations of culture. I fully acknowledge that very real societal oppressions continue to significantly impact people’s lives and therapy does not exist in a vacuum.
- I have extensive experience working with youth and adapting therapeutic interventions for children and teens. I incorporate age-appropriate education to empower individuals and families with the knowledge of how body/brain chemistry influences our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. For all ages, I may include elements of art, movement, games, and humor in our sessions as desired.
What can you expect?
- I will create a safe and affirming, non-judgmental space where you or your child/teen will develop the trust to explore your inner self and your relationships.
- You or your child/teen will gain a stronger understanding of how your brain and body are working together to create the person you are – and how to make the changes you want to see.
- You or your child/teen will build a toolbox of skills to help manage stress, resolve personal conflicts, and find balance in your lives.