Online Video Therapy is often known as “Telehealth.” Telehealth has become more and more common for mental health counseling, offering flexibility not found in a traditional office setting. In some circumstances Telehealth (you and your therapist having a session over video call) may be the best option. Examples would be if you are seeking the convenience of doing therapy remotely, due to limited options in your area. Or, you may prefer to have greater privacy by seeing a therapist outside of your local area. Other options include snow days in which you or your therapist cannot get to the office, you or your child is not feeling well and you would still like to have a session, or you are traveling out of the area (though your therapist would need to be licensed in your location).
If mutually agreed upon between you and your Vista Counseling therapist, your treatment may include diagnosis, consultation, transfer of medical data, and education using interactive telecommunications video/audio technology. This involves the communication of your medical and mental health information, both orally and visually, to your Vista therapist.
For these services we utilize Google Meet, which is a HIPAA secure way to communicate with you. These services may not be as complete as face-to-face services and if your therapist believes you would be better served by a different form of therapy, you will be referred to a more appropriate modality. Please note that we ask that you check with your insurance company to ensure that Telehealth is covered by your group plan, as most but not every plan will cover Telehealth.
How do I prepare for a Telehealth Session?
To book a telehealth session:
- Register for Online Video Therapy Today and we can help match you with a therapist that would be a great fit with your concerns and what you are looking for in a therapist.
- Complete a new informed consent at this link
- Download the software for your appointment if needed. We use “Google Meet,” and you will receive an invite link. If you will be using a mobile device, please download the app. On a computer, we recommend using Google Chrome.
- **Please test your Google Meet Link at least one hour before your session to make sure your link works well
If mutually agreed upon between you and your Vista Counseling therapist, your treatment may include diagnosis, consultation, transfer of medical data, and education using interactive telecommunications video/audio technology. This involves the communication of your medical and mental health information, both orally and visually, to your Vista therapist. For these services, we utilize Google Meet, which is a HIPAA secure way to communicate with you. These services may not be as complete as face-to-face services and if your therapist believes you would be better served by a different form of therapy, you will be referred to a more appropriate modality.
Please read the following telehealth information. If you have any questions, let your Vista provider know.
- I understand that telehealth sessions may be offered by my Vista provider.
- I understand that the telehealth conferencing technology will not be the same as an in-person session with a provider due to the fact that I will not be in the same room as my provider. I also understand that, in order to have the best results for this session, I should be in a quiet place with limited interruptions when I start the session.
- I understand the potential risks to this technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access and technical difficulties. I understand that my provider or I can discontinue the telehealth therapy session if it is felt that the telehealth conferencing connections are not adequate for the situation.
- My provider agrees to inform me and obtain my consent if another person is present during the consultation, for any reason. I agree to inform my provider if there is another person present during the session.
- I understand that there are alternatives to telehealth sessions available, including the option of finding another Vista provider to see in-person if available.
- I understand that I can direct questions about telehealth sessions at any time to my provider.
- I understand that this consent will last for the duration of the relationship with my provider, including any additional telehealth therapy sessions I may have. I can withdraw my consent for a telehealth therapy session at any time, and Vista will work with me to find a suitable alternative.
- I understand that same confidentiality protections, limits to confidentiality, and rules regarding my records apply to a telehealth therapy session as they would to an in-person session.
- I understand that my provider will not record telehealth sessions. I also agree not to record telehealth sessions.
- I understand that my provider may decide to terminate telehealth therapy services if they deem it inappropriate for me to continue therapy through telehealth sessions. My provider will work with me to coordinate in-person care.