Accurate and strength-based evaluations of children and adolescents
Karrie Walters, Ph.D.
Does this sound familiar?
- Is your child struggling at home or in school?
- Are you worried about your child’s academic skills or her ability to focus?
- Are you or your child’s teacher having a hard time understanding your child’s behavior?
My practice offers cognitive and academic assessments of children and adolescents. Comprehensive psychological evaluations can help identify “pieces of the puzzle” and build an accurate and strength-based picture of your child’s internal and external experiences. I hold a doctorate in counseling psychology as well as a masters in special education. Over 20 years of experience working with children and families in both community and school settings has given me wide range of experience. I have a warm and engaging interaction style that helps most children and adolescents feel at ease during the assessment process.
After completing a comprehensive evaluation I offer personal feedback that
- DESCRIBES your child’s unique thinking and learning patterns
- ANSWERS specific referral and diagnostic questions (involving issues such as ADHD, learning disabilities, giftedness and social-emotional functioning)
- IDENTIFIES learning approaches that might work best for your child
- SUGGESTS recommendations for both home and school
You will also receive a detailed, user-friendly written report that is easily understood by parents and teachers. I can provide child and teen friendly versions of all reports on request.