Vista Counseling & Consultation, Inc. is looking for an advanced doctoral student to fill a part-time unpaid psychometrician / practicum position working with children and adults under the supervision of Ryan Scott, Ph.D., for referrals regarding ADHD/Learning Disability and Developmental Disabilities.
Primary responsibilities include administering and scoring standardized tests, comprehensive report writing, client observation, and assisting with client interviews. Doctoral students will gain experience writing a minimum of one comprehensive report per week. The expectation for availability is 8-12 hours a week.
With children and adults, administer and score the following tests:
· Cognitive (WAIS-IV, WISC-V, WPPSI-III, CPT2)
· Academic (WIAT-III, Nelson-Denny)
· Adaptive (ABAS-II, SIB-R)
· Personality (MMPI2-R-F, PAI)
· Additional testing as indicated (BBHI, PSI)
· Doctoral student in good standing in Counseling, Clinical, or School Psychology.
· Coursework in intellectual and personality assessment.
· At least one year of practicum experience with adults and/or children.
· Works well independently and seeks supervision promptly for clinical questions.
· Attention to detail and prompt record keeping.
· Working knowledge of DSM diagnoses
· Twelve month commitment
· Doctoral student interested in a career in private practice.
· Previous experience administering standardized tests, esp. cognitive testing.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Ryan Scott, Ph.D., by email at firstname.lastname@example.org