November 13th is World Kindness Day!
This international holiday was created to highlight and encourage good deeds in your community and to remind us that simple acts of kindness have great power. Let your friends, family, and even strangers know that you appreciate them. Saying thank you for an act of kindness can improve someone’s day. This day was created to help you realize that you can make a difference, one act at a time.
Here are some ideas for acts of kindness that you can try from inspirekindness.com.
- Smile when you walk by others
- Write positive messages on post-it notes and leave them for people to find
- Call a relative you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Pick up trash you see on the ground outside and throw it in a garbage can
- Hold the door open for someone
- Chat with a stranger and ask them about their day
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee or meal
- Compliment someone
- Send a positive or encouraging text to five people in your contacts
- Surprise someone with flowers
- Tell a family member or friend you love them
- Write a note on the receipt at a restaurant for your server
- Offer to help with someone’s errands
- Give a surprise gift to someone you care about
- Send a kind card or note to a friend
- Surprise co-workers with home-baked cookies or treats
- Plant a tree
- Spend less time on your phone and more time with people you care about
- Organize a workplace giving campaign
- Offer a classmate help with homework
- Talk to someone new
- Practice gratitude
- Give someone a hug
A small act of kindness can go a long way.
For more information and ideas, check out these websites: