November 3rd is National Stress Awareness Day. This day is celebrated on the first Wednesday in November.
Everyone experiences stress at times and it can even be beneficial as it can help you respond better to some situations. But too much stress can interfere with your quality of life and result in physical and mental issues. Learning how to identify and reduce stressors is why National Stress Awareness Day exists.
Here are some ideas for helping you to decrease stress:
- Identify your stress triggers.
- Improve your diet with foods that help your body deal with stress.
- Exercise daily: At least 30 minutes a day is ideal, but start by adding 10 at a time.
- Try mindfulness activities, such as yoga or meditation.
- Get enough sleep: This improves both physical and emotional well-being.
- Laugh: It induces changes in your body and reduces stress.
- Connect with your social network.
- Find a few minutes for yourself every day.
- Give yourself permission to say no.
You Can Learn More Here
Stress Management Tools And Resources
Stress Management: Breathing Exercises For Relaxation
How To Relax | 8 Relaxation Tips For Your Mental Health (YouTube)