Vista Counseling for Depression
Moving Past Depression and Sadness
Does this sound familiar?
Feeling hopeless and stuck?
So down that you can't seem to get back up?
Sad all the time, even when you "shouldn't be"?
We Can Help.
What's more important to you? Managing your depression, or living life to the fullest?
Move past difficult feelings to focus on what truly matters to you.
Stop wasting time focusing on difficult thoughts, depressing feelings, and self-defeating patterns.
Make choices based on what you want to do in your life, not based on feelings you want to avoid.
Counselors at Vista are experts in these and other goals, helping you fully realize your potential, instead of being stuck in the past. Schedule a Free 15 minute Phone Consult.
Take your first step today.
Call 541-517-9733 Text 541-525-0023 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more?
Depression has been defined as
more than just sadness. People with depression may experience a lack of interest and pleasure in daily activities, significant weight loss or gain, insomnia or excessive sleeping, lack of energy, inability to concentrate, feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt and recurrent thoughts of death or suicide. (American Psychological Association)
Typical symptoms of depression include
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain (PsychCentral)
What about treatment? There is a range of treatment options available, including psychotherapy. Vista therapists specialize in evidence-based treatments for depression and other challenging life issues.